La Grange is entered via a spacious porch, beyond which lies the large living room which features a set of 5.5 m concertina glass doors along the back wall that open onto the garden. There is a wood burning stove and the original bread oven. The living room leads into the kitchen/dining area. The kitchen is equipped to the highest standard with a Rangemaster gas cooker/hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and separate tumble dryer. French doors open to the garden. There is also a downstairs loo.
From the living room, there is a spectacular, turret-style, staircase which is flooded with natural light from tread level and above.
The very large master bedroom has a super king bed and en-suite bathroom with a bath and a separate shower. The bath is situated under a Velux window, allowing a beautiful view of the Island’s famed Dark Sky.
An oak balcony runs along the whole south facing side of the first floor with steps down to the garden. The master bedroom has sliding doors opening onto the seating area of the balcony.
The property has a further three bedrooms, one double (this bedroom also has access to the balcony), one super king zip-and-link (can be split to make a twin) and a smaller room with bunks. Please note that the bunk beds are full size singles with a shelf running the length of each bunk.
There are two further bathrooms, a family one with a bath with shower above. The other has a shower.
La Grange enjoys its own secluded, enclosed South facing garden with gates leading to the field and the courtyard. There is an outdoor eating area with a table and chairs and a separate seating area. There is also a BBQ.
La Grange – Sleeps 8
Bed 1: Super King, en-suite (bath and separate shower), access to balcony
Bed 2: Double, access to balcony
Bed 3: Super King or Twin
Bed 4: Bunk Beds
Bathroom 1: Bath with shower above
Bathroom 2: Shower only
- Free wifi.
- Large television in living room and television and hairdryer in all bedrooms.
- Bluetooth sound system throughout the house.
- Bed Linen, towels and beach towels included.
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available upon request.
- Travel Cots, baby bedding, stair gates and baby/child booster seats available upon request.
- Extra load of logs for wood burning stove available upon request for an extra charge
- Direct access to the field above Clos a Jaon with seating and eating areas, climbing frame and BBQ.